Ever blurted out loud, that you were a "camwhore"?
Don't worry I did too, and am pretty sure we were even sort of proud of it.
Although, the meaning has evolved into something more apt/proper to how it's used. It was based on actually being paid to do slutty things via the internet. So yeah, it would be best to avoid it. As not all cultures share the same urban meanings, or rather, the more modern meanings.
10 ways to survive Multimedia arts:
10. Backup. Backup. Backup. and always save - This does not need explaining.
9. Save Money - or someone you can count on when the thesis projects get insane.
This is just being practical. Because even if you have a scholarship, there will be
a LOT of things to print and a lot of supplies to buy.
Forgetting where you put the formatting of that paper or not knowing where to start is solved by WRITING DOWN notes
8.Write down reminders/Schedules - mental notes? Screw them, and get to writing.
With all the things you have to do, who has time to remember a small revision due tomorrow morning? When you're in front of the pc, most often we all get brainwashed
and sidetracked. So a handy little reminder can set us straight.
7. Have a 'person' - by this I mean someone you can check schedules with. Or just
basically someone in the same class as you. A lot of professors like changing rooms,
or meeting times, having a few people you know in class can always be helpful. (Specifically the one who the professor texts when they'll be absent)
Relaxing like a PRO
6. Have an energy drink or anything that boosts your morale - When deadlines
become hectic and the minor subjects are contending with them, it's somewhat natural to abandon it to a 'tomorrow' that will never come and simply fall asleep.
Sleep is possibly our mortal enemy, it is our weakness! So fight against it via anything that keeps you alive and kicking throughout 3 days of projects and rendering.
5. Learn to take breaks - Even if you aren't grade conscious you will have to take breaks. Getting exhausted and the doing half assed work is all good and well, but why do it in the first place?
4. Impress professor's on the FIRST few days - after a while, whenever you raise your hand, the professor will already have an impression that you're the only one who answers and NOT call you. Nifty trick actually~ but also risky.
Aside from that, whenever they see your name-- specially on essays and other works they WILL be biased. COUNT on it. XD
3. Have something to 'pass the time' with- A laptop, tablet, ps vita, or load your phone with games. Because sooner or later you will have one of those lousy schedules. One class in the morning (like 8am) and another in the evening (6pm) all in the same day. So unless you have money to watch a movie or something to pass the time... go get a gadget and just use it all up in liesure. OR maybe find a library and SLEEP.
2. Prep your parents/guardians and yourself- There will be days that you will NOT go home at all. Or if you do, it will be at 3am the next day, and you will have to go to class right after taking a shower. Our course knows no time limits. Sure, 1st year seriously follows strict time tables. But, when it comes to your 2nd year onwards..Video projects, 3D animations, 2D animations and painting classes WILL take your time. And most of those are cumulative work. (So you will need to sleep in one of your classmates place)
1. LOVE something about it - or if you can love ALL of the subjects. We will always have a reason for choosing multimedia arts. Be it the lack of math (or so we think) or because we like drawing. This is your career path for the rest of your long life, and you have to think about the fact that if you don't like it now... when will you?
So drop it or love it and take it seriously FOREVER.